JAMMU UNIVERSITY ENTRANCE TEST (JUET-2018)
It is notified for the information of all concerned that the admission to various academic programmes of the University of Jammu, Main Campus/ Offsite Campuses and Affiliated Colleges for the Academic Session 2018-19 shall be made on the basis of Academic Merit and Jammu University Entrance Test (JUET).
1. The Entrance Test (JUET) shall be held for admission in the following subjects: a. Post Graduate (PG) PROGRAMMES: Biochemistry; Biotechnology; Botany; Buddhist Studies; Chemistry; Commerce (M.Com); Computer Science & IT (MCA); Dogri; Economics; Education; Electronics; English; Environmental Sciences; Geography; Applied Geology; Geology (Hydrology And Soil Dynamics); Hindi;
History; Home Science (Human Dev.); Human Genetics; Information Technology ( M.Sc IT); Kashmiri; Law (LL.B – 3 Year Professional); M.Ed.; B.Lib.I.Sc.; M.Lib.I.Sc; B.P.Ed; M.P.Ed; Mathematics; Microbiology; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Punjabi; Remote Sensing & GIS; Rural Development; Sanskrit; Sericulture; Sociology; Statistics; Urdu and Zoology.
b. Post Graduate (PG) DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES: PG Diploma in Business Management (PGDBM); PG Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA); PG Diploma in Human Rights & Duties Education; PG Diploma in Marketing & Sales Management; PG Diploma in Banking & Risk Management; PG Diploma in Accounting & Finance; PG Diploma in Bioinformatics and PG Diploma in Composite Culture Management.
c. Under Graduate (UG) PROGRAMMES: B. Com. Honours (Bhaderwah Campus Only); B.B.A. (Hotel Management) and Law (B.A. LLB – 5 years).
2. There shall be two set of question papers (JUET-2018), one for the candidates appearing after 12th class and other for the candidates appearing after graduation comprising of 150 objective type questions of one mark each and the duration for the entrance test shall be 2 ½ hours. The contents of the paper and weightage shall be: a. General English 40 questions b. Gen. Knowledge 40 questions c. Reasoning 40 questions d. Numerical Ability 30 questions
3. For every wrong answer there shall be negative marking of 0.25 marks. The candidates securing less than 30% marks for general category and 25% for SC/ST category shall not be eligible for admission. The following weightage shall be given to the candidates: a. Academic Merit of the qualifying examination 75% b. Entrance Test 25%
4. The level of numerical ability shall be of 10th standard only for both the question papers. The level of test for other components shall be of 12th standard in case of candidates appearing after 12th class and graduation standard for the candidates appearing after graduation.
For every wrong answer, there shall be NEGATIVE MARKING of 0.25 marks.
5. The Composite Merit for Admission shall be calculated as per the Weightage given below:
(a) Academic Merit of the qualifying examination : 75%
(b) Entrance Test : 25%
6. JUET-2018 shall be conducted at the following Examination Centres:
NOTE: THE EXAMINATION CENTRE ONCE OPTED BY THE CANDIDATES SHALL NOT
BE CHANGED AT A LATER STAGE.
SCHEDULE OF JAMMU UNIVERSITY ENTRANCE TEST (JUET-2016)
7. Guidelines for filling online Application Form: Candidates will be required to apply online exclusively through the website: www.juet.in. Once the JUET Entrance application form is submitted online, the system will generate a challan form pre-printed with the candidate’s details. The candidates are required to pay the requisite fee at any of the designated Branches* of the Jammu & Kashmir Bank Ltd. nearest of him/her through offline mode. The applicants are requested to positively collect hardcopy of JUET-2018 Brochure from the J&K Bank Ltd. at the time of payment of requisite fee. On payment of the requisite fee through computer generated challan, the process for the online application will be completed.
NOTE: An application shall be rejected if the payment is not deposited through auto generated challan within the specified time period and in such cases admit card shall not be issued. For eligibility and other details visit website http://www.juet.in
Sd/- DEAN ACADEMIC AFFAIRS